Margherita A. Capolino
Margherita assists on a variety of complex litigation matters, but frequently represents health care providers in ERISA and managed care litigation. Margherita’s work representing providers in the managed care space has given her a keen insight into the intricacies of health care networks that helps her guide her clients through all phases of a dispute—from the initial analysis, informal and often alternative-dispute resolution, and the preparation and filing of a lawsuit, through discovery and trial. Margherita’s health care provider clients value her experience and knowledge of a relatively niche industry, as well as her facility with health care consultants, actuaries, network experts, and other expert witnesses to aid in proving her client’s case.
Margherita also has significant experience in the world of bankruptcy and restructuring, having represented both debtor-side and creditor-side clients. She has represented multiple unsecured creditors committees in some of the most high-stakes, consequential bankruptcies of the last several years. Margherita is passionate about restructuring litigation and loves finding creative arguments and solutions to meet her clients’ needs.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Margherita was an associate at a top-tier, global law firm and worked closely with industry-leaders in the restructuring litigation and complex litigation space on some of the largest bankruptcies and cutting-edge litigations in the country.
Representative matters in which Margherita has been involved include:
- Represented dialysis provider in high-dollar value network dispute in Hawaii state court.
- Represented generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in commercial contract dispute against branded pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Represented high-network individual in a cutting-edge adversary proceeding brought by the liquidating trust of a large cryptocurrency company.
- Represented unsecured creditors committees in numerous high-profile bankruptcies, including PG&E, Intelsat, and PHI.
- Represented equity sponsor in both a high-profile retail bankruptcy and in related tortious interference litigation in New York state court.
- Represented well-known fashion brands in trademark enforcement litigation.