A seasoned employment litigator and trial lawyer, Morgan regularly defends employers in wage-and-hour class actions, PAGA cases, and matters before governmental agencies, such as the DLSE, CRD, and EEOC. She also defends and assists employers in navigating regulatory audits, including those by the DOL, DOJ, and local enforcement agencies.
Her impressive track record includes defeating numerous class certification motions, prevailing on motions to affirmatively deny class certification, and successfully defending complex matters through trial. Morgan has represented companies in a range of employment disputes arising under state and federal laws, including claims involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblowing, and misclassification. Morgan regularly provides clients with solution-oriented counsel on various aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including leaves of absence, disability accommodation, privacy, protection of trade secrets, wage and hour compliance, and reductions in force.
Clients working with Morgan can expect more than just legal counsel; they can anticipate a collaborative partnership aimed at crafting practical and efficient solutions designed to fit their unique needs and objectives. Drawing upon her experience as a litigator, Morgan is a trusted advisor who takes a proactive approach to addressing risk and helping clients mitigate potential challenges before they escalate. Her dedication to staying at the forefront of legal and industry developments ensures that clients receive the most informed and strategic representation possible.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Morgan was a partner at an international law firm.
Publications, Presentations, Mentions & Recognitions
- Check Onboarding Docs to Protect Arbitration Agreements Law360, June 7, 2023
- Eye on Privacy 2021 Year in Review, January 11, 2022
- Statistical Evidence in Wage and Hour Class Actions Webinar: Strafford June 15, 2023
- Recording Conversations in the Workplace Webinar: Strafford July 20, 2022
- WHLC Dobbs Series Part 2 Privacy in the Wake, and a Legislative Awakening., Webinar, July 26, 2022
- Game Business & Legal Affairs Conference 9th VGBA Summit Bay Area, May 23-24, 2022
- Hot Topics in Privacy and Cyber Security in Uncertain Times: A Virtual Resource for In-House Privacy Teams - Webinar, July 6, 2020
- A California Labor Agency Returns, and Employers Will Feel Impact, Society for Human Resource Management, July 20, 2023
- BREAKING: Jury Sides with Taco Bell Workers On Skipped-Break Wages, Law360, April 7, 2016
- Labor and Employment Star, Benchmark Litigation (2023)
- Labor and Employment, Legal 500 (2016)
- Witkin Award for Excellence in Remedies, taught by former California Supreme Court Justice Cruz Reynoso
- Women's Section Scholarship, Contra Costa County Bar Association (awarded by Honorable Patricia Herron and Honorable Ellen James)
Boards & Memberships
- UC Davis Trial Practice Honors Board
- Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association - Employment Section, Member
Pro Bono Work
- Former CASA volunteer in both Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Public Counsel Adoption Project – Los Angeles
- SMART of San Francisco
- San Francisco Pride
Life Beyond the Law
Outside of work, Morgan spends time supporting animal rescue efforts, enjoys theater, her husband’s cooking, and will travel to just about any stadium to see the 49ers play.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
University of California, Davis, JD, 2005University of North Carolina, BA