An experienced trial lawyer, Nora defends employers in federal and California courts, with a particular focus on wage-and-hour class and representative PAGA actions. Nora has repeatedly defeated class certification, has successfully defended class and representative actions through trial, and regularly represents clients in arbitrations.
Nora also collaborates closely with businesses to help them make informed decisions and achieve compliance through unique strategies and tools tailored to each client’s industry and organizational culture. In addition, Nora provides trainings on a broad spectrum of topics, from discrimination and harassment prevention to workplace investigations and employee discipline.
- Represented a national hospital system in an eight-week PAGA trial involving thousands of employees. The hospital prevailed on all PAGA claims.
- Represented an agricultural marketing company through Ninth Circuit appeal, successfully avoiding expansion of joint employer liability.
- Represented a major restaurant chain in a four-week jury trial. No PAGA penalties were awarded.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Nora was a partner at a large international law firm.
Presentations & Recognitions
- “Pregnancy Discrimination In 2022,” Beverly Hills Bar Association (March 29, 2022)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers (2023)
- Pasadena Top Attorney, Pasadena Magazine (2013)
Pro Bono Work
- Public Counsel Adoption Project – Los Angeles
- Represented The Wall Las Memorias on a pro bono basis for over a decade
Outside of work, Nora enjoys traveling, reading, and laughing as much as possible.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of California
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, JDThe Pennsylvania State University, BA