Bradford C. Frese
Bradford's practice includes the full spectrum of patent law, with a special focus on patent litigation as well as Hatch-Waxman litigation. He has represented a variety of pharmaceutical clients in matters involving various drugs, including antihistamines, analgesics, oral contraceptives, and chemotherapy agents. He has experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a wide variety of technical fields, including small and large molecule pharmaceuticals, software, mechanical devices, catalytic chemistry, polymer chemistry, and pharmaceutical formulations. Bradford also has experience in IP counseling for clients, including devising patent portfolio development strategies, as well as providing opinions on non-infringement, validity, and enforceability of patents, and on patentability of inventions.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Bradford worked at a mid-size intellectual property boutique firm in Washington, DC.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- “Skinny Labeling and the Infringement of Repurposed Patents and: Winning Strategies, New Approaches to Carve Outs and Induced Infringement of Method Claims,” Annual US PARA-IV & Global IP Litigation Symposium, Mumbai, India (Mar. 4, 2023)
- Bradford has been recognized by Managing Intellectual Property’s “IP Stars.”
Life Beyond the Law
When not working, Bradford enjoys playing ice hockey and spending time with his wife, two kids, and three dogs. He is also a dedicated Washington Capitals fan.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Office Bar
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
Georgetown University Law Center, JD, 2008Dartmouth College, AB, magna cum laude, Chemistry w/ department honors, 2005