Helen H. Ji
Helen has experience handling patent litigation matters and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) proceedings and has counseled a diverse range of clients, from small startups to established businesses, regarding transactional intellectual property issues.
Valuing efficiency without sacrificing efficacy, Helen strives to provide strong client service by delivering results. With a technical background in bioengineering, she has developed a diverse understanding of all elements involved in the medical application of engineering principles. Her past academic and laboratory experiences allow her to effectively handle a broad range of technologies including biomedical devices, eCommerce platforms, electronic devices, and pharmaceutical drugs in Hatch-Waxman disputes.
Helen interned for the Honorable Julian Abele Cook, Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She also has experience counseling low-income clients within the Michigan Legal Aid Family Law Project; reviewing prosecutorial activities and forensic evidence within the Michigan State Appellate Defender Office; and advocating for bioengineers at the federal lawmaking level within the American Institute for Medical & Biological Engineering.
Prior to law school, Helen performed laboratory research in pharmacogenomics and microfluidics at the National Cancer Institute and the University of Maryland.
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
- Chicago Women+ in IP (ChiWIP), Board of Directors (2021); Member (2016-Present)
- Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago, Board of Directors (2020-Present)
- Michigan Law Alumni Club of Chicago, Steering Committee (2016-2019)
- Chinese Mutual Aid Association, Associate Board (2019-Present)
- Cures Within Reach, Young Professionals Board, Executive Chair (2016-2020)
- Rising Star, Managing Intellectual Property (2020-2021)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers (2021-2023)
- Hot List, Lawyers of Color (2020)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
University of Maryland, BS, honors program, 2011University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude, 2014