C-Suite at Risk: Executive Liability Under the FCPA
Arent Fox’s 2018 edition of the C-Suite at Risk, A Study of Individual Liability Under the FCPA examines every individual charged with a civil or criminal violation of the FCPA since 2005.
- More than 50 percent of all individuals charged with an FCPA violation were their corporation’s CEO, president, vice-president, or director.
- The most civil and/or criminal charges arose from bribes occurring in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.
- Almost all bribes occurring in China, Mexico, and Venezuela resulted in criminal charges.
- More than one in 10 individuals were charged criminally, even when they only had a general suspicion that bribes could be occurring without any direct confirmation or involvement themselves.
Government Enforcement & White Collar
Arent Fox is a destination firm for companies, executives, and public officials when the stakes are at their highest.
How We Help
- Anti-Corruption & FCPA
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Cross-Border Investigations
- Internal Investigations
- Securities Enforcement