Matt counsels clients of all sizes in a broad range of US and international corporate and complex commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic initiatives, joint ventures, technology transactions, and venture capital financing.
- Represented Snapfish in its sale to Apollo
- Represented a physician group in the sale of Chesapeake Eye Care to Centre Partners
- Represented Centre Partners in the sale of Vision Innovation Partners to Gryphon
- Represented the Regency Group in the acquisition of NIKE’s Argentine and Uruguayan business
- Represented Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits in joint ventures involving Gray Whale Gin and Bellacosa
- Represented José Andrés ThinkFoodGroup LLC with a joint venture in Hudson Yards
- Represented Alcatel Lucent in the sale of its subsidiary LGS Innovations
- Represented Web3 clients in licensing and development initiatives
Matt routinely helps clients with:
- Negotiation of commercial agreements, including outsourcing, consulting, distribution, reseller, and related arrangements
- Launch of new software and SaaS solutions
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Matt was a senior counsel with a multinational information technology company. In that role, he was primarily responsible for advising, structuring, and negotiating global outsourcing, professional service, and technology agreements with major clients in multiple industries. Before that, Matt was an Associate in the Corporate departments of both a large national law firm and a Magic Circle firm.
Publications, Presentations and Recognitions
While attending American University’s Washington College of Law, Matt served as a member of the American University International Law Review. His published articles include:
- “The Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements: Creating an International Framework for Recognizing Foreign Judgments,” Brigham Young University International Law & Management Review, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2006.
- The Legal 500 United States – M&A: Middle Market (Sub $500m) (2023)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
American University, Washington College of Law, JD, cum laude, American University International Law Review, 2007Tufts University, BA, Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society, 2003