Podcast: Navigating the USMCA Impact on the North American Battery Industry
In this installment of the Five Questions, Five Answers podcast, Birgit Matthiesen, Antonio J. Rivera, and James Kim invite Steve Christensen, the executive director of the Responsible Battery Coalition, to discuss how the USMCA impacts the North American battery industry.
Highlights of the conversation include:
- What the Responsible Battery Coalition is and what it aims to accomplish
- The definition of a responsible battery
- The general provisions of the USMCA, its benefits, and its risks
- The Remanufacture Provision and how it works
- Other regulatory international issues companies in the battery industry should be mindful of