Jason L. Zgliniec
A corporate attorney with extremely broad experience, he has the ability to see the many sides of an issue and think comprehensively about ways to address it.
Jason approaches every issue from the business perspective of his clients. He partners with his clients to reach their business goals by navigating them through the legal complexities they face on their way to success.
Having worked on deals ranging from under $1 million to billions of dollars, Jason knows which issues in a transaction are important to his clients. He has a deep knowledge of banking law, and provides counsel to his banking clients on all aspects of that industry. He also has considerable experience working with corporate clients on securities, boards of directors and general contract matters.
- Numerous whole-bank and bank branch acquisitions and sales.
- Representation of strategic acquirers, private equity funds, family-owned businesses and individuals in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations ranging in size from billions of dollars to a few million dollars.
- Representation of issuers in billions of dollars of public and private offerings of securities, including common stock, preferred stock, 144A / Reg S notes, senior debt, subordinate debt and warrants.
- Significant recapitalizations and reorganizations of banks and bank holding companies. This includes the recapitalization of a “critically undercapitalized” bank, and a bank holding company’s acquisition of sole ownership of its four bank subsidiaries with minority ownership by purchasing the banks’ minority ownership with stock registered with the SEC on a series of S-4 registration statements.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- COVID-19 Legal Issues Spotting for In-House Counsel,” Webinar (Apr. 1, 2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers (2024)
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin’s Illinois Leading Lawyers Network (2021)
- The Legal 500 United States – M&A/Corporate and Commercial: M&A – Middle-Market (Sub-$500m) (2018, 2023)
- Emerging Lawyer, Law Bulletin Publishing Company's Leading Lawyers (2015-2019)