Scott E. Pickens
Scott E. Pickens concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate, securities, and commercial law, especially in the representation of creditors in financing transactions.
He has represented major insurance companies, commercial banks, asset-based lenders, mezzanine lenders, and virtually every other type of participant in the finance markets in a variety of financing transactions and workouts.
Scott served as the firm's Managing Partner from 2000 until 2005.
Prior to joining Schiff Hardin in 1980, Scott served in several positions with the Harris Trust & Savings Bank of Chicago where, among other things, he managed Harris' asset based lending division.
Prior to joining the Harris Trust & Savings Bank in 1974, Scott served as Financial Analyst for Nalco Chemical Company.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers (2007-2009, 2012-2024)
- Chambers USA – Banking & Finance, Illinois (2006-2021)
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin’s Illinois Leading Lawyers Network (2006-2021)
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2007-2009, 2012-2018)
- Who’s Who Legal – Banking, Law Business Research (2010-2014)
- Who’s Who Legal Illinois, Law Business Research Limited (2007-2008)
- Peer Reviewed AV® Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell (Since 2003)