Hen M. Amir
Hen has experience working on a variety of residential and commercial real property projects. She has also represented clients in all aspects of business entity formation and management, including the preparation of operating and shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements and stock repurchase agreements.
Real Estate Acquisitions and Sales.
Hen represents clients in the acquisitions and sales of commercial and residential real properties by conducting due diligence, reviewing title and survey, and preparing closing documents. She participates in the financing of real property transactions including drafting and reviewing promissory notes, deeds of trusts and pledge agreements.
Hen also regularly advises clients in connection with easement agreements and CC&Rs.
Hen frequently advises both landlords and tenants in connection with commercial leasing transactions, including negotiating and drafting lease agreements and amendments.
Hen advises clients on the automobile dealership acquisitions and sales, from the negotiation of the asset purchase agreements and related real property purchase agreements, through the due diligence process and eventual closing.
Hen’s representative matters include:
Real Estate Acquisitions and Sales:
- Lead Associate in advising a client in the sale of two commercial real properties totaling approximately $10,800,000 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Lead Associate in advising a client in the acquisition of two commercial real properties totaling approximately $33,000,000 in Orion, Michigan.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of 12,000 acres of agricultural land located in Fresno County, California, in advance of the client’s aggressive year-end closing target.
- Lead Associate in advising a national dealer group in its acquisition of the real property underlying its first Texas car dealership, in advance of the client’s aggressive year-end closing target.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of 2,000 acres of agricultural land located in Fresno County, California in a two tranche transaction.
- Lead Associate in advising a luxury automotive retailer on the successful sale of two of its real properties in connection with the sale of the company’s dealerships to the nation’s third-largest automotive retailer.
- Assisted in a large institutional investor’s acquisition of 30+ multifamily investment properties in San Francisco, California.
- Lead Associate in advising a client in its purchase of a multi-million dollar residence in Santa Barbara, California.
- Assisted a luxury automotive retailer on the successful purchase of the real property underlying its automotive dealership in Los Angeles, California.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of multiple agricultural fields in California’s Central Valley.
- Lead Associate in negotiating two long-term leases with options to purchase for a client’s automobile dealerships in North Hollywood and Fontana, California.
- Lead Associate in negotiating two long-term leases for automobile dealership operations on the client’s real properties in Sherman Oaks, CA. Assisted the client in securing a purchase option for an important portion of the real estate that the client is subleasing to the dealership entity operating on the real property.
- Assisting a national restaurant chain operator in managing its real estate portfolio in California and Nevada.
- Assisted with real estate matters associated with a series of recently closed transactions through which Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation acquired the business of 11 Krispy Kreme stores in Florida.
- Assisted with real estate matters associated with a recently closed transaction through which W.K.S. Krispy Kreme, LLC, a subsidiary of Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, acquired the business of 7 Krispy Kreme stores located in Northern California.
- Assisted with real estate matters associated with a series of acquisitions through which Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation acquired the business of 6 franchised stores located in Texas. These acquisitions achieved a significant milestone for the company’s strategic plan.
- Negotiated tenant leases on behalf of the owner of a high-end food court located in Southern California.
- Assisted with real estate matters associated with a joint venture transaction through which Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation acquired a controlling interest in 31 stores, located in seven Western and Mid-Western states. Concurrently with the closing, the joint venture closed an asset purchase transaction and acquired six of the stores located in Nevada and Colorado.
- Associate in advising a Mexico-based dealership group on the disposition of its California operations, which resulted in them being able to avert bankruptcy, work out complicated financial arrangements with the manufacturer and its financial affiliate, and consummate the sales of all six of its California dealership franchises.
- Associate in advising a Canadian dealership group on its acquisition of two California dealerships, expanding the dealership group’s presence from Canada into the United States. As part of the transaction, ArentFox Schiff advised the acquisition entity in its organizational matters, its financing arrangements with its American partner, and with respect to employment matters for the dealerships’ employees.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Hen was an associate at a boutique business law firm in Los Angeles where she represented clients in the acquisition, sale, and financing of residential and commercial real properties. Hen also advised clients in all aspects of business formation, management, and dissolution.