Jasmine assists clients with structuring commercial contracts, distribution agreements, and services agreements and provides legal advice related to public international law, banking, policy, and political risk, economic development, and investment. In addition, she advised clients on entering emerging markets in post-conflict countries and countries in transition in the Middle East and Africa, with an emphasis on negotiating political, regulatory, and formation matters.
- Advised a large sovereign wealth fund conducting a multimillion US dollar purchase in securities exchange markets of the United Arab Emirates, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region and Middle Eastern and North African nations, including Syria, Iraq and Libya.
- Advised a large UAE-based investment company on multimillion US dollar cross-border investments in equity securities and the bond market in Africa.
- Advised a regional investment bank on selling interests in a US$20 million investment in three North African energy plants.
- Advised a sovereign-owned aviation company in the acquisition of a multimillion US dollar majority stake in Kuwaiti airplanes.
- Advised a regional investor on corporate structuring for an AED 380 million project to raise capital and develop hotels throughout the GCC region.
- Advised a regional private equity firm structuring a multimillion US dollar purchase on the Iraq securities exchange.
- Advised numerous US- and UK-based companies on market entry, establishment and compliance in Iraq and the Kurdistan region, with political and risk analyses.
- Represented the largest bank in Iraq on investment, litigation and policy matters.
- Advising the Kurdistan Regional Government on public international law, policy, banking and transactional matters.
- Working closely with the US Embassy, the Iraqi Ministry of Trade and the Iraqi Commercial Office on investment matters in Iraq.
- Advising a US company, a leading investor in the energy, oil and mineral sectors in Iraq, on legal and regulatory compliance and on market entry.
Publications, Presentations, & Recognitions
- Panel speaker, "OFAC Regulations and the Economic Sanctions Compliance Programs," hosted by The Knowledge Group, September 2022
- Panel speaker, "The Impact of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine on the Middle East," hosted by The Middle East Policy Council, April 2022
- Panel speaker, "Doing Business in Cuba—What You Need to Know," hosted by Global Political Solutions and Embassy of Cuba, Washington, DC, May 2016
- SEED for Change, Kurdistan Board Member
- Media Contributor on Middle East current events
- American Bar Association
- DC Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Iraqi Business Council
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Iraqi Bar
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, JD, 2009University of Memphis, BA, cum laude, 2004