Sara T. Schneider
Sara has broad-ranging experience including preparing pleadings and petition for writ of mandate, drafting successful dispositive motions and appellate briefs, managing complex e-discovery, taking and defending depositions of fact witnesses and expert witnesses, responding to subpoenas, cross-examining fact witnesses at trial, and negotiating favorable settlements.
Some of Sara’s notable representations include:
- Representing medical supplier in high-value patent infringement and unfair competition (false advertising) dispute.
- Representing Fortune 500 company in trademark dispute with former licensee.
- Defeating trademark infringement claim at summary judgment.
- Defending medical supplier in patent infringement and trade dress dispute.
- Defending medical device company and individual employees against high-stakes trade secret infringement and non-compete claims.
- Obtaining temporary restraining order protecting trade secrets owned by nonprofit organization.
- Drafting effective cease-and-desist letters protecting patent, trade dress, and trademark rights of fashion retail clients.
- Defending a national consumer electronics retail chain in a patent infringement dispute.
- Representing hospitals in contractual disputes and tort litigation, including successful California Supreme Court petition for review of Anti-SLAPP decision.
- Representing medical practices in a Federal Trade Commission investigation into possible violations of antitrust.
- Defending a state at trial and on appeal in a prominent Voting Rights Act litigation.
- Defending a major multinational oil company in an AAA complex commercial arbitration.
- Defending retail clients against Americans with Disabilities Act claims.
- Representing client challenging outcome of Title IV proceedings.
Prior to joining ArentFox Schiff, Sara was an associate at an international law firm, where she handled complex litigation matters. There, her practice was dedicated to the representation of a global bank in mortgage-backed securities litigation. She also undertook the successful representation of a victim of human trafficking.
Publications, Presentations, & Recognitions
- Co-Author, "The Cloud Is Not Falling: A Rational Read Of Aereo," Law360, August 2014
- Co-Author, “Family Responsibility Discrimination: An Emerging Theory of Liability or Garden Variety Gender Discrimination?” Defense Research and Employment Law newsletter, 2007
- Recipient of pro bono awards from ArentFox Schiff and previous firm
- Recognized by the New York City Bar for volunteer work in representing victim of human trafficking
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
New York University School of Law, JD, 2011Duke University, BA, 2008