Stavros Karageorgiou, CCM
Stavros’s experiential knowledge as a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and Licensed Master Electrician informs his national construction and real estate practice. He represents clients in every aspect of construction transactions, including shareholder agreements, joint-venture agreements, construction build-outs, acquisitions, litigation and dispute resolution, corporate work, and drafting and negotiating contracts.
Stavros is also experienced with prevailing wage law, project labor agreements, minority and/or women-owned business enterprise (MWBE) certification and compliance, and white collar work, including criminal matters pertaining to fraud in the construction industry.
Stavros represents electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and general contractors in the public and private sectors. He serves as general counsel to numerous specialty trade contractors and has assisted large and small companies in construction proceedings pertaining to their local and international business portfolios. Recently, Stavros represented a premier engineering firm, an international fashion designer, and a multinational private equity firm in acquisition and development projects.
Before joining ArentFox Schiff, Stavros was a real estate and construction associate at a medium-sized law firm in New York. Prior to and while attending law school, Stavros worked as a general and electrical contractor and still maintains his electrical license.
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Construction Managers Association of America
- Member of the Advisory Board for My Social Canvas, a mentorship program for high school- and college-age women
- Member of the Hellenic-American Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member of the Association of Electrical Contractors (2010 to 2016)
- Former Chairman and Trustee for AEC’s Group Life Insurance (Chairman 2014-2016, Trustee 2010-2016)
- Former Trustee for Electrical Employers Self Insurance Safety Plan (Trustee 2015-2016)
Publications, Presentations, & Recognitions
- Frequent guest lecturer at NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Presenter on fraud in the construction industry at the Association of Electrical Contractors (2017)
- Received the Nassau County Bar Association’s Access to Justice Pro Bono Award in 2016 and 2017
Life Beyond the Law
Stavros divides his free time between appreciating the urban lifestyle and spending time in the great outdoors. He enjoys dining out in Manhattan with his wife, but, as a member of the Manhasset Bay Yacht Club, is just as likely to be found out on the water, fishing or learning how to sail. Stavros also delights in spending time with his son and is a very active member of his church. A native Greek speaker and writer and an avid fan of travel, Stavros visits Greece as often as work allows.