Sterling Johnson III
Sterling represents trustees, mutual funds, and other purchasers of municipal bonds that finance a variety of projects, including senior living facilities, student housing, affordable housing, stadiums and hotels. His practice involves preparing and negotiating bond documents, evaluating collateral packages, and reviewing title and survey in anticipation of the financing and construction of projects. When projects are distressed, his practice involves due diligence to determine legal issues and risks as well as working with holders to fashion practical solutions.
Sterling worked at a prominent global law firm in New York City before joining ArentFox Schiff.
Recent representations have included:
- Represented bondholders in issuance of $48,900,000 of appropriation lease certificates of participation for stadium.
- Represented bondholders in issuance of $507,275,000 of secured senior and subordinate bonds for portfolio of senior living facilities.
- Represented bond insurer in consent of sale of $5.1 billion affordable housing portfolio.
- Represented bondholders in issuance of $188,925,000 of senior secured, subordinate secured, senior unsecured and subordinate unsecured bond for hotel and conference center.
- Represented bondholders in issuance of $344,735,000 of secured bonds for portfolio of multifamily affordable housing.
Life Beyond the Law
Sterling enjoys exploring restaurants and architecture around the city with his friends. He is active in the alumni urban planning and housing communities at his alma maters.