Cody C. Boender
Cody’s financial background serves as an asset in advising clients on complex transactions involving Corporate and Securities matters.
Cody counsels clients – private companies, public companies, and underwriters – on a variety of corporate and securities matters including M&A transactions, securities offerings, SEC reporting, and corporate governance.
Cody’s prior experience as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), auditor, and M&A consultant have aided his interactions with the various stakeholders and advisors on transactions.
During law school, Cody worked in the Investor Protection Center of the Bluhm Legal Clinic at Northwestern University and participated in several programs which are relevant to his practice today, including:
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Student Honors Program
- U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Indiana, Legal Extern
- Hon. Peter Carroll, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Judicial Extern
Boards, Memberships & Certifications
American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Associate, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst, NACVA (inactive)
Life Beyond the Law
- Cody served as a volunteer coach for Downers Grove North High School Track & Field team during the 2021 and 2022 seasons.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Bar
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2019DePaul University Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, MBA, 2012Purdue University, BS, 2009